I was unable to rework the Microsd jack on my remaining boards. The Card detect line is mixed up in the code. It reads the card fine if its inserted when its plugged in but removing it causes issues. I sent out my working board thinking I had this fixed and I was wrong and now wont be able to fix it and test it. I am planning on redesigning this board using eagle for the files , and using PIC18f46j50 and rotary encoders (lighted).
This code is rather embarrassing. Ive been meaning to write some functions so it wasnt so inefficient in how it handles the pots . But with the failed boards I will be holding off on rewriting it until I can afford another run of pcbs. This is going to be a while so here it is.
The switches are a bit off in footprint . Also the resistors are a bit small they go in at an angle. HIGHLY recommend using different micro sd jack then I did. That thing is hard to get assembled. 2 in 4 success rate here. Keep checking back I was planning on rewriting this and kicking off a git account with it but it will be a while before I can get to it now. As embarrassing as the code may be , it works if the card just stays in all the time.
I made this so people could be inspired to make something and with MPLABx and other developments not to far off the relevance of this will be less.